Connect with us

Metro

UNBELIEVABLE! 3-Year-Old Girl Saves Physically Challenged, 100-year-old Women From fire outbreak

Published

on

Sikiru Obarayese

WHAT many have considered absolutely unusual happened in Osogbo last week Saturday, as a three year-old girl, Atinuke Sodiq saved a physically challenged old woman and another 100 year-old one from fire outbreak that engulfed their house in Osogbo, Odun state capital.

The house, owned by a late popular local drummer, Adebisi Mukaila popularly known as Shittu Okanjua situated at 38, Olohuntobi Community, Honesty area, Oke-Baale, Osogbo.

According to eyewitness account, no one could explain the exact cause of the fire incident which started around 4 PM Saturday, but the efforts of the girl in calling for help saved the old women.

Properties worth millions of naira were reportedly lost to the inferno that lasted for almost 4 hours.

It was gathered that the two aged women who could not walk were in the house unknowing that fire has gutten a part if the building.

Atinuke, the three year-old girl saw the fire and ran inside the house and alert the physically challenged woman who is in her 60’s known as Iya Sodiq and subsequently called for help from the neighbourhood.

Before the fire could engulf the main door of the building, it was gathered that some people at the neighbourhood rescued the two women from the fire.

One of the victim’s family who narrated the incident to Nigeria Happenings at the scene, noted that they informed the men of Nigeria Fire Services but they did not respond on time, which resulted to flamed down of the house.

“We called the fire service in Osun, but their water tanker got spoilt along the road, hence, they came very late. Maybe, they would have saved some properties”, a relative of Mrs. Mulikatu Adebisi narrated.

She revealed that men of the fire service later called for another water tanker which came but after the fire had consumed the building.

A victim, Mulikatu told this medium that she has lost everything to the incident, saying that everything she owned was burnt in the house.

She said, she lost a cash of N150,000, and properties worth millions to the fire incident.

WhatsApp: Click Here To Receive Updates on WhatsApp: ,
Twitter: @Ng_Happenings.

Share your story with us: SMS: +2348165954622, WhatsApp: +2348165954622,
Email: newsroom@nghappenings.com.

Subscribe to Nigeria Happenings Newsletter via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our news updates by email.

Join 1,483 other subscribers.

Latest

Facebook

Alexa Rank

Trending